The Business of Real Estate Photography - By Larry Lohrman
This book is a guide to getting started in the business of real estate photography. It walks you through the following subjects to getting started in business:
- What you need to present yourself as a professional.
- How to build and present a portfolio of real estate images.
- What the important services to provide.
- How to find real estate agents that will purchase your services.
- How to establish a price where you make money.
- Effective ways to market your services to real estate agents.
- How to continuously improve your products.
Business of Real Estate Photography - What's Inside
Here's why I am proud to offer this ebook to the community of emerging real estate photographers:
- It is more than just an book - Besides the 138 pages in the book this book comes with 14 files to help you setup your business. Files included are a sample home preparation guide, sample terms of service document, customer database spreadsheet, CostToShowUp spreadsheet and Photoshop files for a home for sale flyer, home for sale brochure and two sizes of postcard examples.
- One of the files the comes with this book is CostToShowUp.xls - This spreadsheet helps you get a handle on how much it's costing you to show up for a shoot. This cost of showing up helps you make sure you are covering your expenses. It also allows you to make sound decisions about what you need to charge to make money.
- It shows you how to find customers - Chapter 9 shows you how to systematically make a list of all the potential customers in your area. Not all real estate agents are likely to be your customers. This book shows you how to find the right real estate agents.
- It shows you the best ways to market your potential customers - Most creative people need help with marketing. This eBook shows you how to go about marketing real estate agents.
Here is the table of contents:
- Files Included with this book
- Part 1: Creating Your Business
- Chapter 1: Understand the real estate business
- Chapter 2: Acquire the basic tools
- Chapter 3: Learn the basics of real estate photography
- Chapter 4: Build a real estate photography website
- Chapter 5: Get control of your email
- Chapter 6: What services should you provide?
- Chapter 7: Decide what to charge
- Chapter 8: Who is your customer?
- Chapter 9: Make a list of your customers
- Chapter 10: Marketing techniques
- Chapter 11: Marketing points
- Chapter 12: Continual improvement
- Part 2: Operating Your Business
- Chapter 13: Scheduling shoots
- Chapter 14: Collecting fees
- Chapter 15: Delivering photos
- Chapter 16: Terms of service
- Chapter 17: Home preperation handout
- Chapter 18: Home tours
- Chapter 19: Postcards flyers and brochures
- Chapter 20: Photo license agreement
- Chapter 21: Success stories
Here's What People Are Saying About This Book
"I was really impressed with the thoroughness of the material. It's given me confidence to expand my business, the tools to go out and do it. I'm sure that I'll achieve success in less time and with less effort because I purchased this book. If you live in Ocala Florida, please don't buy it. To anyone else, I'd highly recommend it. "
Bob Ross - One Shot Photo - Klamath Falls, OR
"You have obviously put a great deal of time an thought into this project. I have spent the better part of today and a few hours yesterday evaluating your Business e-book and have to say, it is a fine piece of work for a photographer wanting to break into the Real Estate Photography business. Great info, links and advice"
"The documents were the best part of this package. I have been cutting and pasting parts of them to use, i.e. I've used the licensing info paragraph on the bottom of the invoice I am working on (Pages template for that). The Home Preparation document was another that I found helpful, as it is something that most agents likely would not be providing to their homeowners, in tangible form. "
DT Xpressions (on flickr)
"After being laid off from my job, I decided to take a plunge and try my hand at real estate photography. I purchased your e-book and it's amazing! I am trying to start up my real estate photography business and I think your book has helped me a lot! Thanks for offering such wonderful insights on this business."
Jan Van de Heyden - Frame 24 Vastgoedfotografie - Antwerp, Belgium
"Larry's books rock! I got both of them the day I discovered his blog and I must have re-read them ten times already. "
Dan Milstein - Daniel Milstein Photography - New York, NY
"Larry's eBooks are absolutely required purchases for anyone getting into this business"
Chris Thomas - Oklahoma 360 Tours - Oklahoma City, OK
"...I highly recommend someone who has no photography experience, no business experience, or wants a shortcut guide to get into the business, should buy Larry's books. If you purchase access, you also get access to future updates, which he does periodically... "
John Herbst - Arch Photography - Chicago, IL
"Larry's e-books are the definitive guides to the business."
"I just purchased your eBook on PFRE. I must say, great stuff! Well written and sums up groundrules well."
You can purchase a spiral bound black and white copy (with color gloss covers) of The Business Of Real Estate Photography by clicking the blue "Buy now" button below. Please note that when you purchase the hard-copy you do not get future updates and there is no 30 day money back guarentee like there is with the e-book version.
This book is now available in hardcopy form from Lulu.com. See below: