This is a residential property photography contest (i.e., images captured of either the interior or exterior of a home are permitted). Photographs of commercial properties are not allowed.
Jurors are NOT permitted to enter the contest.
Winning the POTM Contest:
- Jurors will submit their votes (based on entry number only) between the 15th and the 22nd of each month.
- Each PFRE Juror will vote on up to three entries, respectively, using defined criteria (i.e., composition, lighting, editing and overall impact).
- After all juror votes have been tallied each month, the photographer who’s accumulated the most points is deemed the winner.
- The winner of the contest will typically be announced on either the 23rd or 24th of each month.
Winning the POTY Contest:
- Each December, the PFRE Photographer of the Year will be chosen from all the monthly winners that year.
- For the POTY contest, jurors conduct an in-depth review of each POTM-winning photographer’s entire body of work, with consideration given to elements such as:
- consistently high levels of excellence, overall, throughout all galleries/portfolio;
- technical difficulty of the images produced;
- seeing a “wow factor” (i.e., something that makes the collection of images memorable in some way); and
- the extent to which the photographer contributes/gives back to the PFRE community (i.e., posting images, regularly commenting on others’ photos, etc.)
POTM & POTY winners receive:
- A large Photoshop file of the PFRE Photographer of the Month logo for use on their website and advertising. The POTY winner receives the PFRE Photographer of the Year logo for use on their website and a commemorative trophy.
- An entry on the PFRE Best-of-the-Best page (see next section) that contains the photographer’s winning photo and a link to their website.
- A PFRE post that features their business.
Best of the Best–Past POTM & POTY Winners:
- By entering this contest, contestants agree to have their photo posted on photographyforrealestate.net for the purpose of recognition and historical record.
- Winners agree to release Brandon Cooper/Realpics 2023567 AB Ltd. of any liability resulting from any infringement of the submitted image by any third party.
- This contest is void where prohibited by law.