April 24th, 2015
Congratulations to Brandon Cooper, in Fort McMurray Alberta, CA. Brandon is an agent in Fort McMurray. You dazzled the jurors with your master bedroom shot!
Here are the results of the jury voting:
- 61 pts, #31, Brandon Cooper, Fort McMurray, Alberta
- 22 pts, #29, Ethan Tweedie, Big Island, Hawaii
- 14 pts, #13, Tony Colangelo, Victoria, BC
- 14 pts, #24, Jonas Berg, Gothenburg, Sweden
- 10 pts, #5, Seth Parker, Huntsville, Alabama
- 8 pts, #9, Hamish Beeston, Bristol, UK
- 6 pts, #18, Cynthia Walker, Huntsville, Alabama
- 5 pts, #30, Brian Doherty, Boston, MA
- 3 pts, #10, Matthew Stallone, Woodbridge, ON
- 3 pts, #17, Anders Carlson, Kailua Kona, Hawaii
- 2 pts, #21, Ling Ge, Aliso Viejo, CA
- 2 pts, #25, Ady Mace, Leeds, UK
Here are Brandon’s comments:
A year ago I wouldn’t have dreamed of entering one of these contests, let alone winning one. I’m literally stunned, it’s inspiring to be in such great company. What an honor!
I shot this room over a year ago and was fortunate to get another crack at it this month. This was a single flashed shot, blended with a couple ambient shots and some work in PS and LR. I had a wall ceiling bounce far camera left, and one in the ensuite.
I’ll try my best not to sound cliche but it just wouldn’t be right if I didn’t say some thank you’s…
Thanks to Larry for creating and stewarding a community where like minds can come together to share our work and thoughts. The PFRE website and Flickr group are a regular part of my day.
Thanks to all the members for your engagement. The open conversation, candid feedback, and generous encouragement is always refreshing and has been critical to my development as a photographer.
And thanks to Tony Colangelo who’s guidance and mentoring is invaluable.
Starting this month, I’m not going to delete photos from this flickr group each month. Rather, I’m going to leave this months and future months photos and comments in the group so there will be a contest history. Several people have suggested that and I don’t see why that won’t work.