One thing I was particularly aware of this week is the number of YouTube videos that do not take advantage of the ability to put related text and links in the description field of YouTube video. Every real estate video should at least have a link to the listing page for the property being marketed and a link to the agent's site and agent's phone number. An it would make sense to put the complete listing text description in this field too. Notice that the VisualTour generated video (#5) has all of this.
This linking information is so important that the big tour vendors like Tourfactory.com and Visualtour.com are using YouTube videos just because it gives high profile exposure and ability to link to the primary tour. Number 5 below is an example of this. The YouTube video is more than likely automatically generated from the main tour photos and the description field of the video has a link to the main tour.
- Lauren from RealWay Buderim's Profile video - Very well done up beat agent profile with catchy beat shot by the Open2view video team on the Sunshine Coast located 200 kilometers North of the Gold Coast and 100 kilometers North of Brisbane.
- Dome House in Pisgah Forest - I'm a big fan of Paul Wilander (the agent featured in this video). I like like Paul's laid-back dead pan style. Shot by residential-Photography.net.
- Morning Coffee with Mark - Mark DeWitt, Renton, WA. Nothing earth shaking here, just an example of a simple little video that can be done at your kitchen table on a regular basis to talk to your customers.
- Real Estate Videos - Calling all Real Estate Agents - Dave Dwyer talking about the advantages of using real estate video
- Secluded Elegant Log Home With Mountain View - Jeffrey & Pam York, Queensbury, NY - this is an example of an automatically generated video by visualtour.com. All the big tour companies are doing this kind of thing just to drive traffic tour their tours I believe. The video is kind of boring but it will get better traffic than the tour that it was generated from so it serves a traffic generation function.
- [Perth Home for Sale] 40 Rossello Lane, Sabiaco - Crown Productions, Perth, AU - Not a new video but it has a nice feel to it. It doesn't seem like a real estate video. It feels more like it was done by a wedding photographer.
What do you all think?