I've been in this business for almost a decade, and while I appreciate most aspects of the industry, there are some things I love and some things I hate.
What I love:
- The freedom to create my own schedule
- Creative satisfaction on a daily basis
- Seeing cool properties
- Meeting cool people (agents and sellers)
- Being part of an amazing community
- Never missing a drop-off, pick-up, or dance recital with my girls
What I hate:
- Unrealistic expectations
- Being a slave to the schedule, I thought I was in control of ; )
- Walking into sketchy and or dangerous situations
- Meeting uncool people (agents, sellers, tenants, squatters, etc.)
- Showing up to properties that aren't shoot ready and being expected to pick up the slack
- Fighting over contracts
I think most of us can agree that from a photography perspective, we've been very fortunate during these uncertain times. All in all, I love my job and wake up excited every day. Just thought I'd share some genuine feelings.
What else can you add to the list?