I need to revisit the post I did on August 28th on the question that Kelvin Hammond raised about flare that he was getting from ceiling lights.
Kelvin has done more research on this problem and has found that:
- This ghosting problem is not being caused by his lenses.
- Some Googling has shown that others have reported this same problem (See this 2017 article and this 2014 article) and it is caused by a Sony sensor problem on some models.
- The bodies that have the ghosting problem are the A7, A6000, A6300, and A6500.
- The bodies that don't have the flare problem are A7ii, A7iii, A7rii, and A7riii.
- He is not sure about the A7s series.
By going through the articles above and the comments on those articles, there is plenty of data examples and history on this ghosting problem.