Last week I was talking to David Eichler about the options for great looking slide shows. David thought that Slideshow Pro was flash only. It's not.
Generally there are two kinds of real estate photographers:
- Ones that don't have any inclination or desire to fool around with HTML and would rather just use turn-key tours. If you are one of these, this post is probably not for you. Move along, nothing to see here.
- Ones that know enough HTML to embed stuff in a website or blog. This post is for you.
The kind of slide show real estate photographers need these days for their tours, property sites and galleries are as follows:
- Smooth, elegant, well designed great looking slide shows with a lot of configurable options that control almost every aspect of the slide show.
- Uses Flash on all the platforms that have Flash (laptops and desktops) because Flash slide shows are still the coolest looking slide shows.
This is exactly what slideshowPro.com does. Here's the way SlideshowPro.com works:
- For $49/year SlideshowPro.com hosts your slide shows. They work like 1, 2 & 3 just above.
- You upload your photos to SlideshowPro.com and you get embed code for each slide show. Kind of like video hosting sites like YouTube, Vimeo and others work.
- You embed the slide shows that SlideshowPro.com hosts into your site, tour or property site.
Here is an example
that I've pointed out before. You'll notice the familiar looking SlideshowPro, slide show is embedded in some simple branding HTML to form a wrapper for the slide show. You'll also notice that this slide show runs in Flash if your on a Windows or OS X machine and it is still viewable on iPhones and iPads... just the behavior you want. If you need to understand all this in more detail you can try it out for 14 days for free.