HDRsoft Recently release a new version of Photomatix. This software is very popular with real estate photographers. So what's new? Here's a condensed list:
- New Tone Mapping method named Contrast Optimizer. It gives realistic looking results, while preserving details in shadows and highlights.
- New Fusion method intended for real estate photographers. It is designed to handle the challenging dynamic range of interior photos, giving a natural-looking presentation of both the room and the view seen through the window.
- Option to enable Exposure Fusion when a single RAW file is loaded.
- Automatic Deghosting offers additional options: You can adjust the deghosting strength and choose the exposure used to fill in missing details, with the help of a preview of the deghosted image.
- Updates in Batch of Bracketed Photos: You can now select a Preset directly from the main batch window, and can also batch process each set with multiple presets and custom settings.
- More options on Workflow Shortcuts panel. In particular, ability to return with one click to the last session to process the image again with different settings.
- Option to refresh Preview continuously as slider moves, or in other words, "real-time" refreshing. You can enable it on the General section of the Preferences dialog. Note, however, that this option is only enabled when your OS is 64-bit.
Here's some perspective on these features from real estate photographers using the new version.