I've been working hard this summer on the second edition of my Photography For Real Estate e-book. I'm going to make several improvements in both the content and the way I distribute this e-book:
- I'm going to give everyone that has purchased this e-book free updates to the electronic version. There may eventually be a hard copy version of Photography For Real Estate that would be sold separately in the old-fashion book channels.
- Based on several recommendations from designers I've moved the book to Adobe InDesign and made several improvements in the design of the book. InDesign gives you wonderful control of all aspects of layout and type setting. It's been a steep learning curve to learn InDesign.
- I'm doing extensive updates to the camera selection chapter and lighting chapter.
- I've already completed a chapter on shooting and processing 360 images and a chapter on pole aerial photography (PAP).
- I'm going to do a chapter on HDR and Exposure Fusion, and a chapter on post processing workflow with Lightroom.
Because the distribution/ordering site that I use (e-junkie.com) has the ability to send upgrades to all purchasers of the book I'm going to do periodic updates to the book; just like software updates. The first e-book update will be sometime in the next two months.
These changes also involve two price changes that will be effective Sept 1:
- I'm increasing the price of the e-book to $35 since these changes are going to more than double the book's content.
- I going to offer a reduced price of $64 to those that purchase both of my e-books (Photography For Real Estate and The Business of Real Estate Photography) as a bundle for a savings of $10.95 over the regular price.
For the next 7 days the price will remain at the introductory low price of $15. A Realtor told me recently that there is someone out there selling a similar book to mine for $249 but she thinks my book Photography For Real Estate is significantly better.