My Neighbors (well sort of) Richard and Nancy Lamb's Photography web site went live today. Richard and Nancy are expanding their photography business into real estate photography so they have redesigned their site and Richard ask me to have a look at it today. The site is a template site hosted at aphotofolio.com
Here is the feedback I gave them:
- I like the fact that the images are large and text is kept to a minimum although I find the varying margins distracting. Particularly when the right margin goes completely away and then eventually comes back again (during the slide show on the front page).
- Safari and Foxfire on my iMac handle the window resizing of the image window smoothly.
- In Chrome when you re-size the image window you get a bunch of wacky horizontal lines and the images completely go away when you re-size.
- The IOS (iPad/iPhone) mirror sites look good. In some ways I actually like the iPad version better than the Flash version where the margins float all over.
- All of the images look great except for the one of the dimly lit interior of a bar or restaurant with the "nuclear" windows. I would get rid of this one.
- I noticed that your meta tags don't contain the terms "real estate photographer" or "real estate photography". Since you are going to do real estate photography I would include those terms.
Richard and Nancy say they have their "ego-armor" on and would love to have your feedback on their new site too. Don't be bashful now!