Yesterday Scott Hargis sent me a link to a new activerain.com survey that shows what top agents do that is different than not so successful agents.
This survey has a lot of good data that will give you insights into the behavior of top agents and what makes them top agents. There are a couple of results that this survey is particularly useful for real estate photographers and confirms what I've been preaching here for some time:
- Top agents spend more on marketing: the survey shows that in fact they spend about 10 times more on marketing. As the survey says, "rich real estate agents spend more in 2 weeks than poor agents spend all year".
- Top agents use YouTube significantly more (22%) that less successful agents: Although the survey doesn't say this directly you can infer that this means top agents are paying for professional video because very few agents do their own video.
The bottom line for real estate photographers is very clear:
- Target the upper-end agents because they are the ones that are willing to spend the marketing money on professional photography.
- Target the upper-end agents for video because they understand the benefits.
- Make YouTube a part of your video marketing product. Upper-end agents understand the benefits.