This afternoon Scott Hargis, Thomas Grubba, Ron Kenny and I had a telecon to discuss the next steps in putting on workshops similar to the PFRE Seattle workshop we had in Seattle on April 25.
During the telecon we made the following decisions:
- We are going to use the same team if workshop leaders to organize produce workshops in a number of US cities and Australia and eventually perhaps other countries.
- We are going to increase the workshops to 2 days and hold them only on Saturday and Sunday.
- We are going to refine and extend the same subjects covered in the Seattle workshop (Multi-flash off camera lighting, Post processing, Marketing and networking among workshop attendees).
- We are going to solicit input from PFRE blog readers and PFRE flickr group members as to which cities and locations are the most popular workshop locations. To give us your input please use the workshop location poll on the left side-bar to vote for the city of your choice.
- We are going to do the next workshop someplace in southern California in early summer.
We believe that by using this approach of refining a workshop that was successful and using the same team to produce future workshops will result in the highest quality workshops.
So please give us you input on the pole on the left side-bar and and stay tuned for more details on the next workshop in Southern California.