I was just putting up a link at the top of the blog that links to the "8 Resources Page" when I realized that I've never explained the page, so here's the explanation.
The mission of this blog is as it says up on the banner "Helping Real Estate Photographers Be Successful". The 8 resources is simply a list of the resources created over the years by PFRE blog readers and contributors that are available to carry out that mission:
- Learn the basics with the Photography For Real Estate by Larry Lohrman. This e-book is about the basic technical aspects of getting started.
- Building and running your business with The business of Real Estate Photography by Larry Lohrman. This e-book teaches the business aspects of starting and running an independent real estate photography business.
- Master interior lighting with Lighting Interiors by Scott Hargis. This e-book and associated video series teaches you to master interior lighting with small manual flashes.
- Master shooting and processing brackets with Enfuse and Hand Blending in Photoshop for Real Estate Photography by Simon Maxwell. This e-book and video series teaches you how to shoot and process brackets.
- Master photo editing with Image Editing for Real Estate Photography by John McBay. This e-book and video series teaches all aspects of editing real estate images.
- Get feedback on your work in the PFRE Flickr group. This forum provides both a discussion group and photo posting group for real estate photographers.
- See what the best real estate photographers are doing at the PFRE Still Photographer of the Month and PFRE Videographer of the Month Contests. Entries in both of these contests tend to be the best photographers and videographers in the business so a lot can be learned from just studying their work and paying attention to comments that the jurors make.
- Get personal coaching from the real estate photography/videography coaching coaches.
All of these resources have evolved from reader contribution and feedback over the past 10 years. Use any one or all of these resources as your experience requires. I think you will find that these are all inexpensive ways to build your effectiveness in this business.