Long time PFRE readers will recall the PFRE Idol monthly contest we use to do every month. It was named after the American Idol show. Turns out that's a pretty cheesy name. I haven't run the competition since Nov of 2009 but several members of the PFRE flickr group suggested that we start something like it up again. So we are but we're going to overhall the way it works and call it the PFRE Photographer of The Month competition. Brian MacLochlainn has graciously agreed to help me run this competition.
Here are the general guidelines and structure of the competition:
- We'll have a new contest each month. For this first one since we are already part way through Feb we'll run it till the end of March.
- To submit a photo for the competition send your photo to: contest@PhotographyForRealEstate.net. In the subject line put "contest" and the month you are submitting for.
- Submitted photos should be a JPG with maximum of 2000 pixels on the longest edge with quality 9.
- We are accepting photo entries for this contest through mid-night 2/21 (UTC/GMT)
- Please only submit one photo per month.
- Each month there will be a different theme for the photo. Themes like twilight shots, living rooms, master bedrooms, front exterior shots etc. The theme for the month will be announced in both the PFRE flickr group discussion and the discussion section of the PFRE Photographer of The Month group. The first theme will be twilight exteriors.
- All the submitted photo will be posted to the flickr group PFRE Photographer of The Month. So at any given time all the current contestants will be viewable this flickr group. You can submit at any time during the month but you'll get more votes if you submit early in the month.
- Voting starts at 0000 2/22 (UTC/GMT)
- A comment of any kind on any photo will be a vote for that photo.
- You can vote (comment) on up to 2 photos.
- I will reserve my vote for tie breaking.
- At the end of each month all photos in the group will be deleted and the next month photos will be posted to the group.
- Each winning photographer will receive:
- A free PFRE real estate photographer directory listing
- A large Photoshop file of the real estate photographer of the month logo (see above) for use on your website and advertising.
- A link on the front page of the PFRE blog (along the bottom right side bar) to your web site.
- An entry on the PFRE Best-of-the-best page.
- A PFRE post that features your business similar to this.
The whole idea of this competition is peer recognition. I am purposely staying away from traditional contests and giving way large value prizes because complying with contest law in all states and countries is fraught with legal problems. BTW this contest is void where prohibited by law.
Brian and I will be refining and evolving these rules and operation as we go. Thanks again Brian for the help!
Update Feb 8: We've added a couple of additional refinements above... cut off for submittals, start of voting, size of photos.