Is There a One Stop for Real Estate Photographer Insurance?

May 23rd, 2018

Bob in New Mexico asks:

Is anyone aware of a company that will write a “cover it all” policy? I wish I could just get one policy that covered all my equipment (cameras, lenses, and drones included) for damage or theft, etc., and had a liability policy attached; a veritable “one stop shop” for real estate photography insurance. I want my equipment covered for theft, etc. But I also want to be covered whether I knock over something or my drone goes rogue and flies through a front window.

I’ve talked about Chuck Eagleston here before. Ethan Tweedie in Hawaii found through ASMP. Chuck can write a custom policy for all your needs including your drone.


Share this

6 Responses to “Is There a One Stop for Real Estate Photographer Insurance?”

  • I have a policy from State Farm that covers my studio liability, equipment, theft and damage. They also provide me with a Certificate of Insurance anytime an agent or venue requests one. I don’t have a drone but I’m told that it can be added. I know that in my area, a lot of photographers have State Farm coverage.

  • What can I expect to pay for a yearly plan that covers equipment, property damage and personal injury on and off premises (in studio and out of studio (on location))?

  • There might not be a policy specific for RE photogs. But the photographers organizations like PPA, ASMP etc offer insurance to it’s members.

  • I have my business policy with American Family, Drone with some aviation company. Those with Statefarm should check their policy’s over. My wife is a Statefarm Agent and didn’t feel like they could provide what I needed.

  • +1 for State Farm. My policy covers damage to equipment when I’m at shoots and a certificate which my rental places require. I think it’s about $900 a year.

  • TCP offers a package policy that covers your equipment worldwide for fire, theft and damage, along with General Liability.

Comments RSS

Leave a Reply