December 9th, 2016
There are a couple of recent articles over at dronelife.com that seem very significant to real estate drone photography.
The first is one titled Five Reasons Why The Mavic Could Become the New De Facto Commercial Drone, by Mike Winn. Mike argues that the new DJI Mavic Pro due to start shipping in January has some important features that will contribute to making the Mavic a new standard in commercial drones:
- It is very portable. The Mavic will be the first truly portable commercial drone.
- The Mavic is the least risky drone ever because is only weighs 734 grams (47% less than the DJI P4).
- It is very simple to fly. It has a precision landing system which automates landings.
- It has better streaming which will allow it to operate more reliably in noisy radio environments.
- It will be half the price of the DJI P4.
The second article titled GoPro’s Bad Karma: Lawsuit Claims Violations of Securities Exchange Act, by Miriam McNabb, describes the recent financial problems that GoPro has had that prompted the recall of the long-awaited Karma drone. The Karma was expected to be a competitor to the Mavic Pro but for the immediate future appears to be grounded.
If you are just getting into drone photography these are things you need to consider.