November 10th, 2016
Peggy in AL was wondering if Lightroom Mobile has a use for post processing in real estate photography.
I use LR Mobile on my iPad Pro and on my iPhone but I don’t use it for real estate work because it doesn’t have the full functionality of desktop Lightroom yet. LR mobile doesn’t have lens corrections and transform features.
Since Wayne Capili told me several weeks ago that he was using and likes Lightroom Mobile I thought I’d get Wayne’s point of view on it. I asked Wayne what he likes about using Lightroom Mobile and his iPad Pro. Here is his list:
- Using the iPad Pro as a second screen when using a laptop.
- As a second screen, the iPad Pro is a pen-enabled screen when using it with Photoshop.
- I use Duet and AstroPad to sync the iPad with Photoshop and use the pen to do precise selections and masking.
- The Pro has an extended gamut and since most buyers view listings on a mobile device the iPad makes an ideal screen proofing device.
- When using the iPad Pro with LR mobile I have access to all the collections on my desktop catalog that I choose to sync with LR mobile. This is the real strength when using LR mobile.
Other iPad Pro Apps Wayne recommends for the iPad Pro are Photoshop Mix, Photoshop Fix, and Photoshop Touch.