August 10th, 2016
I did a quick search on the PFRE blog and did not see any recent discussion about tools that can be used to create and host slideshows. Any suggestions?
The last post I did on real estate photographer hosted slide shows was here, back when SlideShoPro discontinued their product. Probably the best alternative for hosting your own simple slide shows is Juicebox.
- I find the majority of real estate photographers are not into creating their own slide shows because:
- It takes a lot of work to come close to the quality of slideshows that a provider like tourbuzz.net does for $12 each.
- Some agents want branded tours, and some want simple tours.
- Some agents want video clips, 360 images maps etc, etc.
- Nowadays you can’t use Flash because it doesn’t work on IOS. This is a huge problem since massive numbers of agents and home buyers use IOS.
So my advice is, don’t fool around with trying hosting your own tours. Use some kind of tour product. They typically have every feature your client can think of and then some. Here are the tour vendors recommended by PFRE readers.