June 8th, 2016
I am working on my website and want to include “Terms of Service”. I searched your site and see individual questions but no printed statement that would cover all of the situations. I could then tweak it to be my own. Do you or any of our fellow photographers have such a document.
- Photo Licensing: Do you require a licensing agreement to be signed for every shoot? Or do you have each client sign it once for all the listings you shoot for them? Or do you even bother with licensing your real estate photos? I recommend Joel Rothman’s licensing agreement template which is in my business book or in Joel’s last post.
- Payment policy: Do you insist on payment at the shoot? In the process of delivery? Or net 30 days?
- Cancellation of a shoot: Do you allow shoots to be canceled? Canceled 24 hours in advance with no cost? Canceled with a partial payment?
- Home not prepared for shoot policy: Do you have a policy for what happens if you arrive for a shoot and the home is a mess? Do you cancel the shoot with a partial fee? Cancel with a whole fee and reschedule? Do you charge for clean up time?
- Travel charge a standard area: Do you have an added charge if a property is outside your normal service area?