May 16th, 2016
Charlotte in MA asks:
I was wondering if you were aware of any email vehicle (email list I can buy) that has Realtor emails addresses suitable for a photographer to use to communicate and market with. Or if you have any suggestions about how to best begin an email marketing campaign to local Realtors.
Here is a much better way to build an email list to of Realtors that are good candidates for likely customers:
- Decide on your target area. Say it’s YourTown.
- Make a list of the real estate offices in YourTown. To get a started just google “YourTown real estate”
- There will be sites like say Coldwellbanker.com that will list all the ColdwellBanker agents in YourTown.
- Make a spreadsheet that has the names, office, phone #, email and the number of listings and what type of listings (upper-end, land etc.). During this process, you will notice that many Realtors don’t even have any listings. These are buyers agents that rarely need real estate photography. No need to even put them on your list.
- During this process, you can even see from the photos on their listings if they already use professional real estate photography or not. Put this on your list too.
At first, this process may seem like a lot of work but this list is like gold. It will allow you to make a list of agents that are likely to need real estate photography services. Email by itself is typically not as effective as personal marketing like going to listing agents open houses and meeting them personally. Many use email as a follow up to personal marketing but some real estate photographers say they get started with just email marketing.
If you use email marketing to get started or to send a periodic newsletter to your clients there are services like MailChimp and many others that allow you to track your email campaigns in detail and comply with the CAN-SPAM Act.