March 4th, 2016
The next step in UAS technology is going to be available at online retail sites by April 1. Here is a summary of the new features in the Phantom 4:
- Sense and avoid: If there is something in the Phantom’s way it will stop or fly around it.
- Fly with touch: Tap on the screen of your iPhone or iPad to have the Phantom move in a particular direction.
- Visual tracking: You can have the camera track a particular moving object.
- Easy to fly: The Phantom 4 knows where it is, where you are and does exactly what you tell it.
- Professional-quality imaging: Shoot 4K video at 30fps, full HD 1080p at up to 120fps and 12 Mpixel in DNG RAW for full editing creativity.
- High speed: Capable of 45 mph speeds.
- Long flight times: large-capacity battery gives 28 minutes of flight time.
- Comprehensive app control: Free DJI Go App on iPhone and iPad provides live video feed, full manual controls and access to smart flight features.
Price is $1399.95. You can order today at apple.com for delivery by Mar 21. Here is a post on DroneLife.com that goes into more detail.