January 14th, 2016
This week I’ve had discussions with Andre in Toronto and Anil in Dehli about creating a list of recommended post-processing vendors. Anil said, “I suggest adding a list of trusted overseas real estate photo retouchers on your website“.
For years, I’ve been resisting the whole subject of outsourcing because I don’t do it and there are many vocal PFRE readers that make a case that you can live without it. At the same time, there is a growing group of successful readers that choose to outsource at least some of their post as they become more successful and do a high volume of work and need help. There is also, a growing number of readers that do post for others. As long-time readers will recall, I’ have a mixed record at choosing trusted photo retouchers so I’ve set up a scheme where you can help me.
Here’s is my solution: I’ve created a list of Suggested Post Processing Vendors to the blog. This list is created based on past blog comments and my intuition from just talking to vendors. I’d like readers that try out these vendors to give us their feedback in the comments of the page after seeing results and using them for a while. This way, we can collaborate on creating a list of trusted vendors based on PFRE community experience.
How to give feedback on these vendors: To make this all work we need to have those of you that use or try out vendors on this list please do the following:
- Use the comments on the Suggested Post Processing Vendors page to tell us your experience with the vendor you use or try out.
- Both positive and negative comments can be helpful but be clear about whether you evaluation is positive or negative.
- Be restrained with your comments. That is, don’t exaggerate or have a hair trigger with negative feedback. This is someone’s livelihood you are voting on. Be as fair as possible.
I will summarize the positive and negative comments in on the list. If we do this well it can be a valuable resource for those readers that choose to outsource their post-processing.
Update Jan 15, 2016: If you are a post-processing vendor wanting to get on the list talk to me directly, don’t leave comments on this post or the Suggested Post Processing Vendor list. Here are my requirements for getting on the list:
- Talk to me directly. Don’t just leave comments on this post or the list page.
- Be able to converse in English and respond to emails quickly.
- Have a website or page that presents your companies service and prices and examples of your work.
- Tell me about your operation and why you think you should be on the Suggested Post Processing Vendors list.