January 4th, 2016
Hi – I’m Suzanne Feinberg from PowerVision360 where I create online professional development courses for photographers. We concentrate on best business practices and our first course this year begins January 18, 2016.
In this course we cover four basic areas:
- Effective Social Communication
- Polishing your Website
- Legal and Other Liabilities
- Packaging, Pricing, and Profit
Today, I want to share with PFRE blog readers some more information about our core practices and ideas that we will be teaching you in our 4-week course.
Specifically, in our Packaging, Pricing and Profit week, we look to find solutions to the many issues of how to price and how much income is being generated. During this week, we look at what other markets can we find to implement the skills and techniques we have accumulated as real estate photographers – without straying too far from the main purpose of real estate or architectural photography.
Here are two of the three markets that we have found to be very successful in creating packages that pay us better income in less time than shooting homes for sale.
- Commercial Real Estate – when you solicit commercial real estate offices, there is usually a central person in each office that is in charge of marketing materials. This makes it much easier to make a personal contact and get the meeting to show your portfolio, explain your value proposition and create a unique package for the office agents to use. Although this is a price sensitive market – it is less sensitive than the residential market. Prices tend to be based on the number of buildings, square footage, number of inside shots, outside shots, specialty shots and most importantly they love the drone aerial shots. In the class we will create a package that has proven successful for our business and the clients I have been private coaching.
- Apartment complexes – although the big companies like ForRent and Equitable have contracts with major tour companies to provide very inexpensive labor, there are plenty of independent complexes that need help with marketing. When approached with a unique marketing plan branded to the complex, my coaching students have successfully added several complexes to their portfolio. In this class, we will develop a package that you can offer to this type of client.
These are just two of the three alternate plans you will learn to implement and increase the amount of money you earn per day and the amount of work you need to perform in a day.
As an example, we have a national account with one of the major commercial real estate firms in the Southwest. Our average invoice to them which includes 3 buildings, 5 outdoor scenes, and 10 indoor scenes is $1395 and we are not the most expensive player in this market. It takes us about 1/2-3/4 a day to shoot the job and we have a processor finish the images for us for about $250.00 with a 3-day turnaround. This means in one day we keep $1395 – 250 = $1145 or with all of the marketing, travel, and other admin of the job we are earning $1145/8hours = $143.00 per hour.
This is very good news for the person who wants the time to put in a good campaign to get commercial real estate clients. If you were to do 2 listings a week ($2,290/week) x 50 weeks (2 off for vacation!) = $114,500/year. You would be shooting 2 days a week and marketing or other activities 3 days a week. And, if you shot more, you would earn more. An effort well spent.
This one module alone and this one solution alone, if it gets you one commercial job alone – proves the value of this course to everyone in our industry. The bonuses for this class are also a tremendous added value. We have a 14 day, no questions asked – money back guarantee, as well.
If you want to learn more about this course or if you are ready to enroll, sign up at powervision360.com and use the discount code PV4RE50 to receive a tuition discount of $50.