November 4th, 2015
Today Paul Gjording in Seattle asked me for some advice about the best place to sell photography gear.
I pointed out that here is on the PFRE I don’t have anything setup to be able to sell gear, but I’d list his gear in this post. Here it is:
- Canon 5DS $3,400 (with only 5 shutter clicks)
- Canon 11-24mm lens – $2,600 (used for only a month)
- If you are interested in either of these contact Paul via his site
I’ve always used Ebay to buy and sell used gear and after some research I found a post on Photofocus.com by Scott Bourne that surveys the various places to buy and sell photo gear and Scott’s experience is much the same as mine. Many others have also told me that ebay has always worked well for them.
There are a couple of other sites worth mentioning that are useful for trading used camera gear. They are:
- Keh.com – Keh buys some used gear and sells it as well. They won’t buy everything. Keh is a great place to find Nikon SB-80Dx flashes.
- Fredmiranda.com – Fred Miranda has a forum where you can by and sell gear.
Ebay still probably has the most gear traded. Since Ebay became popular in the early 2000s there have been a number of other copycat auction sites but I don’t think any place trades as much camera gear as Ebay.
What is your experience with selling used photo gear online?