October 27th, 2015
After the Lightroom CC 6.2 fiasco several weeks ago several readers have asked questions about Lightroom alternatives for real estate photographers. Apparently some that were on the fence about believing in the concept of Adobe subscription software have been soured.
My general advice for real estate photographers has two parts:
- If your business was impacted by Lightroom 6.2 you are probably in the habit of updating too fast. Sure Adobe screwed up but good sound business practice is not to update operating systems and other critical software until you know it’s solid or you have a backup machine.
- Lightroom/Photoshop CC is still the standard for real estate photography. They give you the most power and workflow speed of any other approach for a bargin price of $9.99/month. Sure there is other software that will do the job but there are problems with these alternatives too.
So what are the current real estate photography post-processing software options and how many people are using them? One of the must have’s for real estate photographers is software with perspective correction features and lens correction profiles for all the popular lenses.
What are the alternatives?
- Lightroom/Photoshop CC
- Old version of Lightroom/Photoshop
- Photoshop only – any version
- Photoshop Elements
- DxO Optics Pro 10
- Affinity Photo – Mac only
- Zoner Photo Studio
- ON1 & PTlens
- Capture One Pro 8
- Paintshop Pro – Windows only
- Alienskin Exposure 7
I have experience with the top four but not the rest so help me build this list. What are you using or think you are going to use? Then I’ll do a poll to see what’s popular.