September 6th, 2015
A couple of weeks ago I featured a YouTube video by Michael Reichmann raving about the Sony A7R II. And then just a few days ago I ran across this post by JP Danko over at diyphotography.net that takes a little different view of the Sony system. I think JP Danko’s post is an interesting counter point to Michael Reichmann’s video.
Here is a high-level summary of JP’s points:
- When you by a camera you are investing in a camera platform, not a camera.
- Sony is not a complete camera platform.
- There is no market for used Sony gear.
- The marginal size difference isn’t worth investing in a new camera platform.
- The A7R II is especially attractive for those wanting to use it for video
Be sure to read JP’s complete article.