August 31st, 2015
The LightTrac App is celebrating its fifth year anniversary. To celebrate, they are announcing a discounted price for the month of September. The App which normally is $4.99 will be $2.99 during September.
For those not familiar with LightTrac, it’s App that allows you to see exactly where the sun will be at any address at any given time. Just what real estate photographers need to do to when planning a shoot. It can prevent showing up at a home and having to shoot into the sun for the front shot.
While LightTrac is available on most smartphones and tablets, the developers have recently made a bunch of improvements to the IOS version of LightTrac recently:
- Completely refreshed UI now optimized with support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus.
- Landscape view on iPhone has been much improved.
- A New feature to set up reminders from within an app to remind yourself of a future photo shoot.
- Compass integration to auto-orient the map to user’s position.
- Google Maps is back as the default maps provider.
- Search locations feature in iPhone version can be accessed from the main screen toolbar.
- Save any spot to favorites with an easy-access save feature on main screen toolbar.
- Share your location via a unique LightTrac URL. Copy-paste this into your email, blog posts or social media
- to share the selected location, date and time for a proposed photo shoot with others.
- You can now zoom in by double-tapping on the map without changing your map center as well as you can zoom out by tapping once with two fingers.
While there are several other Apps and websites that do similar things LightTrac is one of the most popular Apps of this type and during September it will be one of the cheapest too.