April 29th, 2015
What are some better known syndication sights for real estate agents? For example, anyone know anything about a site called Neybor? Are there others out there that are better?
Neybor.com is the syndication site that tourbuzz.net uses for syndication and sends the listing you load to all the major real estate sites. It’s all you should ever need.
After a long time tracking leads and where buyers came from to purchase our listings I’m of the opinion that real estate photographers need not get all wrapped up in the details of syndication. Here’s why:
- Most buyers in my experience come from local brokers sites because they are usually tied in some way (URLs, QR code, phone #) to signage in the front yard of the listing. Zillow has always been a big source of buyers. Craigslist has always been important for rentals. Realtor.com is only important in some locations, mainly in more rural areas where local broker sites aren’t very effective.
- How many and which real estate sites a listing is syndicated to has historically been mostly a marketing/bragging factor for tour companies but in fact don’t make much difference.
- The US regional real estate website landscape is currently in flux and confusion. Events like News corp buying Realtor.com and listhub.com pulling the plug on Trulia are changing the way these sites work and what’s important. What’s happening with syndication is hard to figure out right now. I doubt that most agents even understand it.
- I think real estate photographers have more important things to worry about than where and how many sites listings get syndicated to.
- Just be able to provide a quality tour (like tourbuzz.net) if your clients want one and let agents worry about syndication.
- Over the last 5 years many listing agents have become negative about many of the regional real estate sites and don’t even want their listings syndicated.
What are others experiences in this area?