March 29th, 2015
I’m in the process of a major update to my Photography For Real Estate e-book. Since it is a book about getting started in real estate photography it suggests gear for someone getting started in real estate photography. A new feature I have in the book is a minimum cost list of getting started gear. Here is my list:
- DSLR: Canon Rebel T5 (body only) – $320
- Wide angle lens: Canon 10-18mm – $299
- Manual flash: YN-560-III+Trigger – $90
- Flash stand: 7′ with bracket – $21
- Tripod: Manfrotto 055xPROB – $240
- Tripod head: MHXPRO-3WG -$200
This is a list of just photographic gear. There are other costs, like Lightroom, a laptop or desktop computer etc. The purpose of this list is to focus on the important equipment items that one needs to get started in real estate photography.
Here are Nikon version components for items 1 & 2 if you’d rather go with Nikon:
The Nikon version is only slightly more expensive.