August 12th, 2014
Over the years, I’ve had many readers ask for various kinds of coaching and/or mentoring to help get started in the real estate photography business.
I personally do this a lot with people that have questions about getting started in business. I spend a hour or two a week on the phone, Skype, or hangouts with people doing this. It’s usually people that have purchased one or more ebooks on the blog so I feel I’m getting paid for my time by book sales so I don’t charge people for my time.
I’ve referred some readers to others that I know will be able to help them. The people I refer readers to decide what to charge for their coaching and handle the whole process themselves. So far it’s worked very well for everyone concerned. Some people have done coaching in person but most do it via phone, FaceTime, Skype or hangouts. The fact is, people are more likely to do coaching if they know they are not training local competition for themselves so personal coaching is unusual.
Since there seems to be more and more demand for this kind of thing, I’ve decided to make a page on the blog that is a list of people that are interested in coaching people is some aspect of getting up and running in real estate photography. So Here is how this will work:
- If you are interested in coaching let me know here.
- To be put on the coaching referral page you have to convince me that you can do a good job at coaching people.
- If you do convince me, I’ll put your Photo, name, and link to your website and a brief description of what you will coach people in. People will then contact you directly via your website.
- When people contact you, you decide what to charge and how to handle the whole coaching process. What you charge will not be listing on the coaching referral page. You don’t have to charge if you don’t want to.
- I’m not involved, other than updating the coaching referral page, and it cost nothing to be listed on the coaching page.
- I reserve the right to remove anyone from the coaching referral page if I deem it necessary.
- I will be encouraging people being coached to give me feedback on how the whole process goes.
- I also reserve the right to stop adding people on the coaching referral page if it gets too big.
So what does everyone think? Does this make sense?
Update 8/13: I’ve only turned down a few people for being on the coaching page. So far the reason is always their website. To be listed on the coaching referral page you need to have a website that presents your work to people. People want to see the level of work you do and that’s what a website presents. Also the website MUST have contact information on it because I don’t want to keep track of phone numbers, email address etc. I just link to your website and thats how people will contact you. If you want you can have a special coaching page on your site and I’ll link to that.
Update 8/17: I’m not taking anymore coaches. I may open up for more coaches some time later.