April 18th, 2014
Over the last six months or so Brett Clements of PlatinumHD.tv has been telling me about what McGrath has been doing with video marketing. But it was just last week that what he was talking about finally sunk in so I now understand what he’s been talking about and I have to admit it’s pretty cool! This video is from last December and explains the general concept. Here is my summary:
- PlatinumHD has a contract to shoot property video for ALL McGrath listings in AU.
- PlatinumHD provides a McGrath property video portal at ins.mcgrath.tv.
- PlatinumHD has hired 5 professional “presenters” (Camille Bianchi. Amber Wyatt. Angela Shallis, Margarita Nazarenko and the Australian actor Peter Mochrie) to be the presenting talent in the property videos. Some of these people were hired from local TV stations. All of them are top notch professional presenters.
- PlatinumUltraHD has a corporate team of 22 that support this McGrath property video operation.
- After 12 months operation of this new high intensity video marketing, McGrath has experienced a significant increase in sales. Brett is convinced that the increase is due all or mostly as a result of this new style of video marketing.
Leave it to our Aussie mates to take video marketing to the next level! This is no surprise to anyone that has been following Australian property video for any length of time. It’s also no surprise that Brett is right in the middle of it, although Brett attributes the vision and leadership for this big success that McGrath is having with property video to John McGrath.
When I look at ins.mcgrath.tv I’m struck by how much this looks like a TV channel; polished and professional presenters and top quality production. This appears to me to be a very powerful real estate marketing formula. It may not work everywhere but I’ll bet we see something similar soon in the US and/or CA. If for no other reason because PlatinumHD.tv is already operating both in the US and CA. Look out, the Aussie’s are going to show us how to do this!