May 18th, 2012
This week I have a variety of videos to show you. The overall theme is an idea that Mike Miriello mentioned when he sent me his video he did recently. That is as photographers and real estate agents video is creeping into our lives whether we like it or not. Even if you think of yourself as a still photographer and are not really passionate about video it’s getting pretty hard to ignore. Every camera or cell phone you buy can shoot HD video and your clients are thinking about it even if they aren’t using it yet because they see others using video.
Here are some video’s I ran across this week that caught my interest:
- Park and Market, Raleigh, NC – By Mike Miriello. Some nice slider shots and a pleasant audio track. Notice that Mike is using Vimeo which is a nice alternative to YouTube. Vimeo is aesthetically more elegant than YouTube and works nicely if you are going to integrate your video into a page like Mike did.
- Real Estate Video: How To Use Video In Real Estate – By Stephen Garner of Grand Canyon Title Agency. Notice that Stephen is working for Grand Canyon Title, teaching agents how to use video in their marketing. For those of you not familiar with Title companies, they do all sorts of free things for agents so agents will give them their Title Insurance business. I found Stephen’s pitch pretty good for why agents should use video and good info on how to do it. He has some other videos in his channel that give agents specifics about how to shoot video.
- 90 George Street Condominiums – By Virtual Tours Ottawa. While this is not my favorite style of real estate video it is an example that is one of the Animoto style videos. I don’t know that this is done with Animoto but Animoto takes stills and applies various styles of animation and sound tracks to the stills. This is a popular style I know. If you are going use stills to create a video I’d rather see this style than simple Ken Burns panning to music.
- Buying Real Estate in a small town – From Charlie Dresen’s video blog. This is a short (1:24) video from the PFRE Video For Real Estate flickr group that is a great example of how much you can get across in under 90 seconds of video. Great little video Charlie!
- Pebbles-Mudjimba – By Jon May, Mt. Coolum Sunshine Coast, Australia. Another little video from the PFRE Video For Real Estate flickr group that Jon shot for a holiday rental that promotes doggy friendly holidays.
- Videomaker’s Tutorials – By videomaker.com which is a magazine and community for those interested in video production.